Summer 2020 Obedience Classes CANCELLED
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak and for the safety of our members and the community, the Sedalia Kennel Club has made the decision to cancel the Summer 2020 Obedience classes. We will track the rapidly changing status of the outbreak in order to make an informed decision regarding the fall classes planned for October/November. Please check back or visit our Facebook page for updated information.
Cancelled – Beginning Obedience Class will be offered at 6 p.m. & 7 p.m. (See class description below)
April 6 – May 11, 2020 (Mondays), 6:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m.
- Class meets on Mondays April 6 – May 11, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. or at 7:00 p.m. at Convention Hall (1500 W 3rd St, Sedalia, MO 65301) for group instruction.
- Cost of the class is $62 or $52 for those 50+, payable by credit card or cash. Payment is expected the first night of class.
- All dogs need to be current on their vaccinations. Please bring proof of vaccinations to first class.
- Puppies must be at least 4 months of age.
- Dogs will need a properly fitting training collar and a 6 foot leash (examples will be shown the first night of class).
- Any dog that is aggressive towards other dogs or people may be excused from the class. If you are concerned about your dog’s behavior prior to class starting, please visit with the instructor before bringing your dog to class.
- Class size is limited to 10 dog/handler pairs. You must sign up prior to class starting by contacting Garnetta at 660-827-7003 or by email.
- The focus of this class will be walking on leash, following basic commands such as sit/down/stay, general dog care, and basic pet manners (learning to not jump on people, learning to come when called, etc.). Information will be shared on basic grooming, health, best dog food choices, emergency vet care, house training, crate training, etc.
- Throughout the class, you will be handling and training your dog. The SKC instructors are here to train you.
Sara Steele will be teaching the Spring 2020 Beginner classes. She is a Sedalia native and dogs are her passion. She has recently become a CGC Evaluator and is a member of both the Sedalia Kennel Club and Be A Good Dog University (BAGDU). She has a plethora of animals including a border collie who will be accompanying her to class regularly. Sara has competed in Rally and Barnhunt but also enjoys Herding and Nosework. She looks forward to meeting each and every one of you and making your dogs the best they can be!
Our Obedience Classes
Our club realizes the importance of training your dog to become a part of your family, so our classes are offered at very reasonable rates to Sedalia and surrounding communities. If you adopt a dog from the Sedalia Animal Shelter, your dog may attend a six week class free during the year after the adoption.
We would like to thank the Sedalia Parks and Recreation Department for co-sponsoring our obedience classes!