Spring 2022 Obedience Classes
Beginning Pet Manners Class will be offered at 6 p.m. & 7 p.m. (See class description below)
“Beginning Pet Manners”
March 1 – April 5, 2022 (Tuesdays), 6:00 p.m. or 7:00 p.m.
- Class meets on Tuesdays March 1 – April 5, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. or at 7:00 p.m. at Mutts, Manners and More (901 N Main Street, Windsor, MO 65360) for group instruction.
- Each class is limited to eight dog/handler pairs. You must sign up in advance by email.
PLEASE NOTE: Class registration is open first for Sedalia Animal Shelter adoptees. Beginning February 14, 2022, both the general public and Sedalia Animal Shelter adoptees may register.
- Cost of the class is $65 or $55 for those 50+, payable by credit card or debit card and fees are non-refundable. (Sedalia Animal Shelter adoptee dogs are free.)
- Class(es) will be first come, first served so prompt payment is mandatory before your name is officially added to the class list. A Square invoice will be emailed to you for prompt, secure payment.
- All dogs need to be current on their vaccinations. Please bring proof of vaccinations to first class.
- Puppies must be at least four months of age.
- Dogs will need a properly fitting training collar and a six foot leash (examples will be shown the first night of class).
- Any dog that is aggressive towards other dogs or people may be excused from the class. If you are concerned about your dog’s behavior prior to class starting, please visit with the instructor before bringing your dog to class.
- The focus of this class will be walking on leash, following basic commands such as sit/down/stay, general dog care, and basic pet manners (learning to not jump on people, learning to come when called, etc.). Information will be shared on basic grooming, health, best dog food choices, emergency vet care, house training, crate training, etc.
- Throughout the class, you will be handling and training your dog. The SKC instructors are here to train you.
Download and complete the Beginning Obedience Class registration form here and bring it the first night of class.
Sara Steele will be teaching the Spring 2022 Beginning Pet Manners classes. She is a Sedalia native and dogs are her passion. She has recently become a CGC Evaluator and is a member of the Sedalia Kennel Club. She has a plethora of animals including a border collie who will be accompanying her to class regularly. Sara has competed in Rally and Barnhunt but also enjoys Herding and Nosework. She looks forward to meeting each and every one of you and making your dogs the best they can be!
Our Obedience Classes
Our club realizes the importance of training your dog to become a part of your family, so our classes are offered at very reasonable rates to Sedalia and surrounding communities. If you adopt a dog from the Sedalia Animal Shelter, your dog may attend a six week class free during the year after the adoption.