Fall 2017 Obedience Classes
“Beginner Obedience/Pet Manners ”
(This class will be held in Windsor, MO)
September 11 – October 16, 2017
- Class meets on Mondays September 11 – October 16, 2017 at Mutts, Manners and More (901 N. Main, Windsor, MO 65360) at 7:00 pm for group instruction.
- Cost of the class is $62 or $52 for those 50+, payable by credit card or cash. Payment is expected the first night of class.
- All dogs need to be current on their vaccinations. Please bring proof of vaccinations to first class.
- Dogs will need a properly fitting training collar and a 6 foot leash (examples will be shown the first night of class).
- Any dog that is aggressive towards other dogs or people may be excused from the class. If you are concerned about your dog’s behavior prior to class starting, please visit with the instructor before bringing your dog to class.
- Class size is limited to 10 dog/handler pairs. You must sign up prior to class starting by contacting Garnetta at 660-827-7003 or by email.
- This class will be for those who have dogs or puppies who need to be socialized or for new dog owners who need information and help with their new four legged family member. The focus of this class will be walking on leash, following basic commands such as sit/down/stay, general dog care, and basic pet manners (learning to not jump on people, learning to come when called, etc.). Information will be shared on basic grooming, health, best dog food choices, emergency vet care, house training, crate training, etc.
- Throughout the class, you will be handling and training your dog. The SKC instructors are here to train you.
The Spring 2017 Beginner Obedience/Pet Manners Class will be instructed by Sara Steele. Sara is relatively new to the Sedalia Kennel Club and dogs are her passion. She currently competes in Barn Hunt and Rally with her Corgi, who will be assisting her in class. She also handles a Brittany Spaniel in Tracking and more recently Nose Work. Sara’s goals for the class are to make sure each and every one of you have fun and learn to be a team with your dog!