The Sedalia Kennel Club (SKC) is an AKC sanctioned non-profit organization dedicated to dogs, and helping dogs and their owners develop a positive and rewarding relationship. SKC holds classes that use positive dog training techniques and sponsors educational events. Our instructors are dedicated to dogs and many have decades of experience working with and training dogs to be companions, good canine citizens, and successful participants in American Kennel Club (AKC) events. We also do community outreach to educate people about dogs and dog ownership.
- To advance the best interests of all dogs and the dog fancier in all matters.
- To further the advancement of all breeds of purebred dogs;
- To provide educational opportunities;
- To encourage the training of all dogs for competition and good canine citizenship;
- To foster and maintain friendship among the membership and to encourage good sportsmanship;
- To encourage and support dog shows and performance trials under the rules of the American Kennel Club.
President – Carol Clark
Vice President – Sara Steele
Secretary – Rebecka Goins
Treasurer – Sue Heckart
Show Chair – Amy Gibbs
The Sedalia Kennel Club was founded in 1972.